The Working Group on the History of the Physical Science meets monthly to discuss a colleague’s work in progress or to discuss readings that are of particular interest to participants. Meetings are usually held at the Center from 6:00 to 7:30 on first Tuesdays.
If you would like to join this working group please contact or at the Center.
October 1, 2013
- November 5, 2013
- December 3, 2013
- May 11, 2013
- Joint Atlantic Seminar for the History of the Physical Sciences
- April 2, 2013
- Jeffery Womack introduced his draft Ethics of Uncertainty: Medicine, the Roentgen Ray, and the Erythema Dose
- March 5, 2013
- Ann Robinson introduced a dissertation chapter, Not Like Minerva From the Head of Jupiter: The Foundation and Discovery of the Periodic Law, 1860-1869
- February 5, 2013
- Richard Staley introduced his Trajectories in the history and historiography of physics in the twentieth century
- December 4, 2012
- Joe Martin introduced his draft dissertation chapter A Good Name and Great Riches: Materials Science, Condensed Matter Physics, and the Seeds of Solid State’s Fracture
- November 6, 2012
- Ari Gross introduced his Pictures and Pedagogy: The Role of Diagrams in Feynman’s Early Lectures, Studies in the History and Philosophy of Science Part B: Studies in the History and Philosophy of Modern Physics. 43 (3). pp. 184-94. 2012.
- October 2, 2012
- Ann Robinson introduced Elements of the Table: Visual Discourse and the Preperiodic Representation of Chemical Classification by Benjamin R. Cohen, Configurations 12 (2004): 41-75